I saw the movie ‘Haute Cuisine’ at the beautiful, 1930s Art Deco cinema Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace this weekend with Miss JK and Miss M. The film is based on the true story of Daniele Delpeuch who cooked for President Francois Mitterrand at the Elysee Palace (the official residence of the French President) for over 2 years.
I thought it was a fab movie because
– it’s set in enchanting, romantic, elegant Paris
– it’s about the joys of cooking and eating food,
– it has great food shots that will make you really hungry,
– the main actress Catherine Frot (pictured) is brilliant,
– there is a super cute patisserie chef played by Arthur Dupont (not pictured, you can google him though),
– the story line is engaging and interesting.
I think you should see it now, check the movie times at the Orpheum here.
Image from here tribecafilm.com.