Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is prosperous and filled with love, laughter and good health.
I’m going in to this year with no expectations. I want to simply be grateful for each new day, to go with the flow and be ready for whatever life throws at me.
I also want to do the following things to be happier when life (work!) gets so busy that I can’t even breathe…
- Wake up earlier (6.25am for me).
- Sleep earlier too (10pm!).
- Eat healthily – fresh whole foods as close to its natural state as possible.
- Meditate – start with 5 minutes a day and work your way up to more.
- Exercise – start by walking, then work up to jogging, running and more.
- Don’t talk about people behind their back.
- Don’t gossip about other people – good or bad.
- Do something kind every day.
- Call your parents.
- Tell your partner you appreciate them.
- Send a message to an old friend.
- Give donations to a worthy cause.
- Write a letter to someone.
- Read a book.
- Learn a new skill – join a cooking or dance class.
- Make a new friend.
- Laugh at a joke. Find a funny YouTube video or read a book that makes you LOL.
- Make someone else LOL.
- Listen to someone deeply – don’t get distracted by your phone or whatever else. Listen.
- Be thoughtful with your words.
- Be generous with your time.
- Smile often – people will smile back, even if they don’t want to.
- Savor a cup of tea or hot chocolate mindfully without any distractions.
- Be happy when others achieve something – even if you wanted that promotion, the boyfriend, the engagement ring or baby just as much as your friend did – be happy for them when they get their moment.
- Be interested in what people say.